Under the supervision of their manager, a Web Developer designs, develops, implements and maintains multiple web applications that support company wide activities and help solve current and future business needs.
Web Application Development:
- Supports systems such as Data Warehouse, Grower Accounting, and others.
- Includes all facets of web development; writing code, testing, debugging, and deploying code
- Identifying, troubleshooting and debugging software defects throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Communicate and work with other departments throughout the SDLC to establish appropriate system designs and requirements
- Observes common coding practices and standards
- Maintains and develops the "data layer" for various web applications via queries, functions, and stored procedures. Creates other database objects such as tables and views as necessary.
Growth and Development:
Stay up to date with emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
BS in Computer Science or a related field preferred
3+ years of experience in web development in a corporate IT setting preferred
- Client-side frameworks and libraries (Semantic, jQuery, GoogleMaps, etc.)
- Server-side programming using ASP.NET (VB)
- Writing database queries, functions, and stored procedures (SQL Server)
- Familiarity with source control systems (SourceGear Vault)
- Familiarity with multi-client architecture (Develop, Test, and Production)
- An aptitude and willingness to stay abreast of current development trends
No specific certifications are required.
Travel is generally not required, but may be occasionally necessary for training and/or special projects.